VMware Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

3.4

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Raleigh, NC (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

2 interviews, 45 minutes each, selection was "resume preselect". Both the interviewers asked only problem solving questions. Accepted Python code but tried to confuse and trick me when I came up with an answer. Asked me to further optimise it and explain my code.
No feedback on the interview from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a smooth process which followed a preset set of questions. The specific position I interviewed for was for software, but they expected you to know many other things such as database functionality.

Interview Questions

• The asked about different steps you would take to trouble shoot a broken app.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in February 2016.

Interview

one round interview process after career fair at univesity.
    interview was 1:1.
    asked one question. Not very friendly guy.
    Asked 1 question only . Not very friendly guy who interviewed I mean, not helpful. Simply judging.

Interview Questions

• boundary nodes of a binary tree.   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied on campus Job fair.
    Telephonic interview within a week, the interviewer asked many questions and worked his way through with me. But then he started linking his questions and it confused me in the end.
    He then mentioned where all I need to focus and where can i improve in interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions on mutex, spin locks, kernel basics and few simple coding questions   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Mysore (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 rounds.. 1st round was aptitude nd technical online test ,it was average questions were mainly from probability,OS,DBMS,SAN,ACA,CN.. 2nd round was GD(general topic).. 3rd round was tech+HR round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

it was really amazing . the questions were not tough but it was quite tricky . they focused on object oriented languages . and took managerial interview as well . it was very beneficial to give the interview and have experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Interview

4 Rounds
    1: Aptitude test : Technical questions + 1 coding question
    2:Technical Round 1:Data Structure
    3:Technical Round 2:Data Structure + Linux
    4:Management + Hr round

Primary focus is on technical knowledge of the candiate, Networking and OS concepts along with data structures is a must

Interview Questions

• Make sure you are thorough in Networking And OS concepts   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

Firstly there was aptitude test which had 10 question of apti, 15 of DS , CN and OS, 15 of c++ java and python from which you had to solve any 10 and lastly a Coding Problem.
    After this you will have to face 3 technical interviews and a hr interview .

Interview Questions

• Interview Question were on DS, CN, OS, questions about projects done where asked, if your concept are clear you can clear the technical rounds. Puzzles were also asked. coding was also asked to do for some questios.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madurai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Madurai (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

First round, Online test without negative marks.
    second round, programming round. they give the 5 problem and also expect very optimal solution. check all the testcases.
    third round, technical round. They touch all the computer science concepts and also ask some advanced topics which are ML,IOT, Big data etc. Detailed explanation of the project which was done.
    Fourth round, Managerial round, This round is conducted by manager. mostly the question lies on personality related and also check how interested we are.
    finally HR round which is very formal.

Interview Questions

• 1.write the program for doubly linked list.
      2. find the frequency of the element in the array
      3. question related to OS
      4.question related to ML   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

It consisted of four sections-i)Aptitude 10 questions -15 minutes(Little bit tricky time was the major problem so try practicing lots and try to manage time)
                                      ii)Technical 19 questions-29 minutes(Concentrate on networks,os,data structures,programming questions...basics only)
                           iii)Coding 1 question-30 minutes(encoding alphabets to numbers..very easy question)
                           iv)Programming output based questions-10 minutes(Choose any two languages from java,c,c++ or python each comprising two questions)
    Other rounds were face-to-face mainly based on technical questions and projects
    Good experience

Interview Questions

• • Explain types of linked lists.
      • Difference between linked lists and arrays.Discussion based on it.
      • Finding loops in linked list.
      • Look and see sequence program
      • Difference between C++ and Java.Basic differences were asked and discussion based on that.
      • In a binary tree given X find two nodes that can give a sum X.It is enough to provide a pair of nodes.First tried a solution of O(n^2).He expected a better one and gave hint.Then I developed it and coded.
      • Given two sets,find the intersection and union of two sets.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.