VMware Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 different people, one of which was the direct hiring manager. They moved very quickly and all interviews were conducted via telephone even though I lived locally because they were all remote.

Interview Questions

• general people skills, communication skills, interests etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted on LinkedIn by a member of one of their Talent Acquisition staff. Then moved on to a HR style interview with the Corporate Recruiter. Was brought in for onsite tour and interview with two members of the Program Management team. Everyone was professional and responsive. Interview was laid back and honest, and actual made me more comfortable with the idea of working here. Really liked everyone I met and spoke to during the interview process. Definitely a place for someone looking to provide mentoring, process improvement, and work towards change. Fast-paced and keeping up with technology.

Commute would have been bad with all the construction and road work going on. Organization seems to be in need of personnel with actual client and people management experience. While its nice to hire people right out of college or with 2-3 years experience, many of these persons will not have been mentored in or have had much experience with client relationship management or management of projects and staff.

Got to the offer stage, but policy politics about the offer began to change my mind about working here. Ultimately withdrew at this point.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Had several rounds of phone interviews with cross teams and in teams. Invited on-site but it was not a great experience. Not sure if I was in the midst of their urgent projects deliverables but the interviewer' minds were on other pressing things. Process took around 3 weeks end to end.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for us?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by 8 different folks who would be stakeholders for my programs. Some were face-2-face and others were via phone. The interview intensity was based on the stakeholder's level of engagement with the candidate who would eventually fill this role. Some interviewers were apathetic, regarding my skill set, while others drilled me with questions and seemed to discourage me from the role. None the less, they all chose me as the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were directed at my channel experience and my work ethic when facing adversity   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter; scheduled for a full day of interviews with 7 team members. Interviewers were gracious. Each were certain to ask if I had any questions for them before ending their portion of the interview. The interviews were heavily technical in content, although there were also questions regarding soft skills. The second day of interviewing was scheduled with two senior staff. This interview was daunting. I was asked to solve puzzles and was given multiple technical 'quizzes'.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal directly with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There didn't seem to be room for negotiation. It was a very fair and generous offer, however.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Once you get passed HR the process is easy. Know what you are talking about, have the relevant experience and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• You need to launch a project in 90 days. What do you do?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware in December 2016.

Interview

Initial recruiter phone screen and then hiring manager phone interview. Peer reviews (onsite or phone) and then final onsite interviews. The recruiting team was very helpful and made certain to keep candidates up to speed on next steps. The hiring manager and peer interviews were very punctual and time conscious. Even though I was not offered the position, I couldn't of asked for a more professional interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

One phone screen interview with the hiring manager. Then asked to be onsite with 1:1 with hiring manager, her manager, then two team members. Overall it felt great fit so as the offer came immediately following the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions to assess your relative experience and skills, such as: Describe your customer onboarding experience, what are the challenges and how you resolved.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Applied online. Received follow-up from HR about a week later. Had a 30 minute conversation that went well over but it was because we both were having a great conversation. Got invited to a 30 minute conversation with the hiring manager. Couple days later got invited for on-site. Interviewed with five individuals on the team. Asked behavioral and high-level technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference and benefits between containers and virtualization?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware in September 2011.

Interview

Slow, long, more than 5 interviews. I was interviewed three times in a face to face meetings, and 3-4 times in short phone call meetings. I had the impression in some cases that i speak to myself :(

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.