VMware QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware QA Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

2.9

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The level of coding expected for the given job description did not make sense to me.

Roles and Responsibilities
• Learn new features and technologies enabled with VMware products and Data Protection.
• Review functional specifications and design documents.
• Develop test plans and test design specs for testing and delivering high quality VMware products.
• Setup test environments; help with reproduction of product issues, work with partners to drive resolution of issues, verification of fixes for these issues.
• Work closely with development teams to resolve defects in a timely manner.
• Automate tests using Java.
• Participate in design and code reviews.
• Maintain current hands-on knowledge of the VMware product line, specifically Cloud related solutions such as: vSphere, vCenter

Requirements
• 1+ years of hands on experience as a quality engineer in testing enterprise applications
• BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
• Linux/Unix systems administration with strong understanding of storage and networking technologies is preferred
• Must have automation experience with Java and scripting experience with Python/Perl, along with working knowledge of automation frameworks.
• Strong knowledge of VMware virtualization products is a plus
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be a strong team player
• Must have excellent communication and organization skills
• Self-motivated, be able to work independently and fast learner

Education
• BS/MS in Computer Science/ Engineering or related fields

Interview Questions

• Given two words (beginWord and endWord), and a dictionary's word list, find all shortest transformation sequence(s) from beginWord to endWord, such
        that:
    Only one letter can be changed at a time
    Each transformed word must exist in the word list. Note that beginWord is not a transformed word.
    Note:
    Return an empty list if there is no such transformation sequence.
    All words have the same length.
    All words contain only lowercase alphabetic characters.
    You may assume no duplicates in the word list.
    You may assume beginWord and endWord are non-empty and are not the same.
    Example 1:
    beginWord = "hit"
    endWord = "cog"
    wordList = ["hot","dot","dog","lot","log"]
    Output: []
    Explanation: The endWord "cog" is not in wordList, therefore no possible transformation.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

It is an on-campus interview. the interviewer is late for 20 minutes. First, I introduce myself briefly, and introduce some projects i have done. Then he asks for some questions about my projects. Then he asks some behavior question, and some personality questions as well. he finally asks a technic question. No coding.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Basic questions about resume and software development life cycle. Discussed the opportunities at Airwatch. Was asked about the 5 different OS currently in the market and their latest current versions.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Had an on campus interview that asked about projects i've worked on. Some easy technical/general knowledge questions like the last iOS version. Then had two onsite interviews. Initially went through a presentation/demo of their product. First interviewer seemed uninterested in what I was saying for the first 20 minutes, then I gave an explanation that was found interesting and the interviewer joined the conversation and started smiling. 2nd interview asked to write code for two different problems.

Interview Questions

• Implement code to test a website's API.
      Write code to find common elements.
      Why QA?
      Why AirWatch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very unorganized. The first person to interview me was late and didn't find out she was interviewing me until a few minutes before interview. The interview process was a total of 2 hours. I took a group tour first. Pay attention to everything they are showing you during the tour. Then they split us up into groups according to job you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO? What type of work does the company do? The QA questions was to see how you think when testing.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Interview was mostly behavioral. Received interview through campus career board. Interviewer did not seem to be very excited to be there. Continued to ask question after question without much discussion. Interview lasted around 25 min.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite feature in Excel?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Sandy Springs, GA (US)).

Interview

Phone Interview - Personality test
    On-site interview - two seperate interviews on site on the same day with the leads of the QA department. Technical questions were asked, like how would you test so and so system.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting, and was invited for an on-campus interview a few weeks later. The interview consisted mostly of questions about the state of mobile computing. They are really interested in people who are passionate about mobile and stay up-to-date. He asked what AirWatch does, which surprised me, since usually they just tell you what the company does. A few days later I got an invite to go on site. I scheduled it for a few weeks later.
    The on site consisted of a tour, PowerPoint presentations, and two interviews - technical and non-technical. On the non-technical side, it boils down to passion. They are looking for people who are seriously into mobile, security, or cloud. Technical was typical QA stuff.
    Ultimately I got an offer, but declined. I was under the impression that this was a coding job (like SDET), but found out during the on site that it is not. So it wasn't what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

I was looking for a software development job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

1st interview on college campus, then 2nd interview at facility for approximately 3 hours: 1. Facility tour 2. Software demonstration 3. Interview with team lead 4.Interview with department manager. Facility interview was with about 20 other college students. Team lead and department manager interviews were one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Example team lead question: Customer contacts us and says our app isn't working properly as of this morning...what would you do to diagnose the problem?
      Example department mgr. question: What have you done recently to advance your career?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

first stage was an online programiing test. Three questions.
    second stage was a skyper interview. The Questions were fair. One sorting question, one about finding height of tree plus general Java questions

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fair.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.