VMware Software Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Software Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

2.8

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

One phone interview and then onsite. The people are very friendly and the interview process is very smooth. The recruiters contact you promptly and are willing to discuss anything with respect to the company and interview process. The interviewers were friendly and were ready to help if you get stuck with any of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Communication round is detailed review of resume with behavioral questions.

Technical round had questions about networks, problem solving like how to send a message in a box if the the sender and receiver both have different locks and keys (public key encryption), if there is a bulb in a room and 4 switches outside, how will you know which switch is connected to the bulb by entering the room only once.   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

NCSU Career Fair: Resume picked up feb 5, 2014

Phone interview: feb 15 , 2014

4 Rounds
    1. Company tour
    2. Company PPT
    3. Technical interview
        Asked about networking, simple intra mail-external mail question
        Puzzles, resume related
    4. HR round
         Resume and interests

Interview Questions

• How to send email out side a intramail network?   1 Answer

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through on campus career fair, Airwatch reps were present and took my resume.
    Then they scheduled an interview for me on campus itself in career services. It was a 30 min interview with technical consultant. He asked me general questions on school projects, internship experiences and asked me one super easy logical question which he was expecting would take up final 10 minutes but I got with it quickly and he told me what to expect in next round, so it was a nice hint that I have been selected for second round.

For second round they flew me to their Atlanta office and gave a tour of company, we went around it and then were taken to a conference room where we were shown a presentation on the company and videos. After that we were taken by interviewers to smaller rooms for interview. There were 2 hour long interviews, one was technical round where we were asked software and internet and logical questions. We were also asked to solve a given piece of code to check that competence . Second round was communications round where we were asked general behavioral questions.

like about a time where we lead a team and related stuff. Then they asked to suggest features they should
    put in a software app suite at a school, what it would do and what its effects would be etc. \

Heard back from them in under a week and got the good news.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Started with campus recruiting and on campus interview. Then went to onsite interview. Questions were some brain teaser puzzle questions. Two ropes, each burns in one hour, how do you get 45 min? No folding or cutting. Moderately difficult questions and process overall process is nice. Friendly people and environment.

Interview Questions

• Two ropes, each burns in 1 hour. How do you get 45 min? No cutting or folding.   2 Answers

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online through the college career website. Got a call for a face to face interview. Interview was pretty simple with lots of behavioural questions and some logical and SQL questions. Have been selected for the second round in Atlanta.

Interview Questions

• Explain a technical concept to a five year old and explain it more in detail.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Interview

Both behavioral and technical questions... Including some riddles. Be ready to talk a lot about your self and be sure to try to brush up on your coding skills because they will ask you to go over a code.

Interview Questions

• If you have 2 ropes and they both burn for an hour if lit on one end what is the most effective way to measure 45 min   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college and did my first interview on campus. I was contacted within 2 days for on site interview in Atlanta. I thought I did well but didn't get any offer.

Interview Questions

• On campus interview: talking about resume and two brain teasers. Also asked about different softwares.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I went through the college recruiting process-- I met recruiters at a career fair and was invited to interview in a 2 week time frame. The interview was some behavioral and then a few questions about what the company does-- just to see if you've done your research.

Interview Questions

• Logic question-- I wouldn't say this was unexpected but I don't think the recruiter liked the way I answered the question so she had to tell me in the end what the "right" answer was.   1 Answer

Software Consultant Interview

Interview

Campus recruiting: the first interview take place on the campus, behavior interview questions. Mainly talked about resume and experiences. First question asked about: tell me mrs about your self. Then went over the resume and ended up with brainstorm questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

- Resume picked up in career fair!
    - phone interview after 10 days
    - questions were mostly based on resume
    - one was behavioral question and other one was a brain teaser
    - selected for on-site interview, which is in few days

Interview Questions

• Given 2 ropes which burn in 60 min each. How will you measure 45 minutes with these ropes?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.