VMware Software Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Software Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I got the interview through the career fair in my university, they called me to schedule an on campus interview. I was asked several behavioural interviews, general knowledge and industry related interviews as well as a brain teaser. Be prepared to know about the basics about the mobile industry and know your resume very well.

Interview Questions

• What mobile operating systems do you know? Which one do you prefer and why? What are the latest versions?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Definitely more technical than behavioral. Very focused on mobile software interest and how you approach problems. The interviewer and I happened to have very similar academic narratives in that our interest in information software grew as college went on, even though we were industrial engineers. It was very easy going and that contributed a lot to that.

Interview Questions

• What are the newest versions of iOS and Android, and what were the new features?   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in October 2015.

Interview

Still in process:
    - job listing on college career site
    - round 1 on campus interview: 30 minutes, 1 on 1, behavioral, know resume, some mobile trends knowledge based questions

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware in October 2015.

Interview

Half hour interview. The recruiter was nice. No algorithm question was asked. Introducing your self, behavior questions and some database questions. All the very very basic stuff. And then the recruiter introduced the AirWatch company a little bit, such as locations, culture.

Interview Questions

• List the main mobile operating systems   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was supposed to be a 30 minute interview but the interviewer finished in 15. Then he told me that the software consulting position is really technical support for at least one year answering phones to learn about the product. He saw from my resume that I was looking for a true consulting opportunity and that it wasnt a god fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. First behavioral round and then in-sight final round. Here they have 2 interviews. One is behavioral with a case and the next is technical and brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral, a case interview and many brain teasers.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I applied for this role at Airwatch through the college career fair and was notified of the first round in a few weeks. The first round was mainly about the skill sets listed on my resume and a few puzzles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. Couple of questions on my resume. This was followed by some technical questions on SQL and C++ and my experience with computer languages. Then the recruiter bought up the brain teasers which matched the ones given on this site.

Interview Questions

• The question about classes in C++ bumped me a bit but I could answer that after thinking a bit   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through University career services to get the interview. The on-campus interview was relatively standard for a technical position. The interview was weighted very highly to technical questions and did not give much opportunity to describe yourself as an individual. The lack of personality from the interviewer made it a pretty uncomfortable environment. One caveat- the other two AirWatch individuals that I had met at the career fair in the first place were much more amiable and outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Logic question: You have two strings that both take an hour total to burn. Using these two strings and a lighter, determine when 45 minutes has passed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was polite and professional, the first question she asked was the "tell me about yourself" question. Then she asked me to elaborate on a situation when I worked with other people. I was nervous at first so I spoke really fast and she could tell that I was nervous. I answered all the technical question(even though I'm a non-CS major) correctly and thought I did well by showing that I am familiar with and interested in this industry, don't really know why they didn't let me go in the second round.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.