VMware Software Development Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Software Development Test Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

2.5

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware in August 2019.

Interview

Either they have no idea what to ask to filter a candidate they are looking for or they are training a new interviewer at the expense of the jobseekers.

Their questions are entry-level questions. You can easily succeed in the first draft.

I did not expect this from VMWare. I have been in IT for a few years and I had a respect for the company.

Interview Questions

• 1. SQL- given two tables [Person] and [Address]. Find every person's first name, last name, and address. It is a left join question.
    2- Reverse a string - (asked him if I can use StringBuilder and he is not happy, so I used the iteration method)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional and careless. HR called for scheduling interview and she was sounding bit rude and was in a hurry. However, the 1st technical round went really well, Answered & executed all the questions & programs except for 1.

Waited 2 weeks for the update but no reply from HR, then dropped an Email to verify and came to know that I was not selected for the 2nd round and they are looking for some strong programming background. I asked the HR to recheck with the team again as all my programs were executed correctly and in the correct approach but she didn't reply.

This was really shocking for me. Upon further investigating, I came to know that they don't save the interview details and it's entirely up to the interviewer to decide. So now I have no way to ask them to go back and check my codes.

I wonder how can a big company have such weak interview process? How can a single person without the code review with the team or manager decide when all the programs executed are correct?

This was a terrible experience for me.

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in January 2019.

Interview

The HR and hiring team had no coordination between them, the job posting was pretty much the whole QA world giving not much idea about the role. The HR gave some topics related to CS to prepare for but guess what the interviewer from hiring team had a completely different set of questions. The interviewers questions were pretty easy to average but I needed a little reading to recall few concepts I had read long back but thanks to HR for giving incorrect topics to prepare and not coordinating with hiring team

Interview Questions

• Questions related to L3 routing OSPF/ BGP, scripting included regex   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2018.

Interview

The recruiter saw my profile in InstaHyre and reached out to me with a Hackerrank coding round through my Gmail. I cleared the first round and was invited to the F2F rounds at VMWare office. In short, they are sound professionals and there weren't any dragging in the process. Be it selection or rejection, everything was quick.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Hackerrank Online Test

1. The degree of an Array - https://leetcode.com/articles/degree-of-an-array/
      2. Distinct Pairs - My Eclipse [package com.comcast; > public class SumPair]
      3. Valid BST - https://gist.github.com/darkrishabh/20b8b07b2f77b0d9b8c0   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.