CDK Global Software Engineer-III Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

CDK Global Software Engineer-III Interview Questions

Interviews at CDK Global

3.3

Software Engineer-III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. It was a referral so I had an initial discussion with the manager. Then within 2 weeks had 1 hr of a video call with two interviewers and then 2 hr of onsite with 1 another interviewer and manager.
Everything seems good until the next step came in. The manager informed the referral to inform me that I am selected and need to send expected compensation. It seemed odd to me though I comply. Since there was no base or range to compare to, I send an email with a quote based on the average market rate for the position and also asking for the company's range for the position and possible negotiation. I was expecting a counteroffer. Rather I received an outright rejection email stating the ask is too much to offer based on the interview feedback and with no range information or option to negotiate. It seems unprofessional to me and a waste of time and effort. I hope no one else faces a similar situation. Leason for me: never quote before the company person does.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, current skill set, agile-scrum related questions, behavior questions, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CDK Global

Software Engineer-III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

First telephonic interview asking various question on AWS, Springs, Spring Boot, Docker, Bamboo, GIT. Followed by onsite interview. The Onsite interview is scheduled for 3 hours having 3 Rounds meeting different people in the team. After the onsite interview i have been contacted by HR saying team liked me and want to go head with releasing the offer. There is no updates for next few days. After almost a week, when i inquired about the offer letter they told me the position was closed and we cannot offer you the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement Message Driven Architecture(MDA) , What are the criteria you look for when you migrate monolithic application to micro services. Implement Fibonacci series. What is the data structure used in Heap.In AWS how do you scale up/down sever to meet demands. Questions on AWS Cloud Watch, CLI Scripts, Rabbit MQueue. How do you maintain transactions which spanned between multiple micro services.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy for me and I have to spend around 9-10 rounds of discussions including technical,onsite and management.HR informed that this was coz of some transition problem between ADP and CDK and gave a satisfying explanation. I really enjoyed the interview process of CDk which I suppose started from 5th round it was unique and exiting.There was onshore calls where they asked about work related question and technical questions.Then I was asked to code an assignment for a requirement in two business days.This was really innovative and the requirement can be handled in several , so based on your experience and coding style you can solve the problem.I enjoyed coding this and requirement was basic yet some out of the box thinking was required.After assignment I was interviewed by 7-8 people in skype.This was a bit of technical in which they wanted to know the different problem solving approach and architectural patterns.The team was very good and was never pushy and gave enough time to think and answer.I enjoyed this thoroughly. After this i had two more management rounds and I was in. The best part of interview was the people were very supportive and I was evaluated on my coding and thinking skill rather than bookish question/answers.

Interview Questions

• Design for a requirement?
      Design patterns like DI
      IOC container
      MMF
      SQL Indexes
      etc.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.