Accenture Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 11 Jun 2019

2.7

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Got interviewed 3 times.

Low Offer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Ask most;y about Core java, Struts, Servlet, JSP, JavaScriopt, jQuery.

Interview Questions

• Does ervry time catch block is required? If no then how to handle error?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (San Antonio, TX (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

The first phone interview seemed like they were just trying to get a feel for who you are, as it was mostly talking about yourself, then about Accenture and the benefits that they offer their employees. The next day, I had the skills interview, which I thought went really well. I answered all of the questions that they asked immediately and to the best of my ability. I got one question about databases wrong, but it was just a mix-up of terminology...the conceptual aspect of my answer was correct. After the interview finished, the original recruiter contacted me and told me to fill out a security clearance form and fax it to them, which I did promptly. I didn't hear from them for a few days after that, so I called the original recruiter and he told me that they were no longer interested. It's kind of weird because I have a clean record and I'm 95% sure that my responses to the skills interview went very well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Accenture?   Answer Question
    • Explain what inheritance is in Java   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of when you would want to create an interface   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (San Antonio, TX (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Was hired right out of college, process took a little over three months.
    Was first contacted by a recruiter to gauge my interest in the position and willingness to relocate.
    Series of one on one interviews followed after that, mostly over the phone:
    an informational interview;
    a behavioral interview, standard types of questions;
    a situational interview, mostly prodding and examining your moral and ethical decision making
    a technical interview, standard java basics
    was flown down to San Antonio (travel expenses reimbursed) for another series of three one on one interviews: behavioral and technical by current managers and developers in the company. Again, more java basics, easy things like definitions of certain vocabulary, concepts like inheritance and encapsulation, some design patterns.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how to detect if there is a loop in a singly-linked list given only two pointers to positions in the list.   Answer Question

Negotiation

after the in person interviews, heard positive news back in under a week. Filled out the usual paper work: tax forms, employment contract, was informed of starting salary and starting bonus. starting bonus varies depending on situation, usually increases if you have to relocate as i did. Was able to get them to increase the initially offered starting bonus given my circumstances and the short amount of time and notice with which i had to relocate from Baltimore to Texas. Employment contract stipulates that you have to pay back starting bonus if you're terminated prior to completion of at least one year of service.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

After receiving an email to set up an interview call, I did three or four phone interviews and an online aptitude test before doing two in person interviews. Some advice, don't put anything on your resume without expecting at least a few questions about it, and make sure to brush up on the basics since some of the managers love asking tech questions.

Interview Questions

• The posting mentioned SQL so I put it on my resume, but when I was drilled on inner vs outer joins and wildcards I had nothing and could only say that I didn't recall it.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I originally applied as a software tester but got turned down. I applied again as junior developer and also got turned down. The next month, I got a surprise call from an interested Accenture recruiter about a position that I didn't think I was experienced enough for (senior programmer). I discussed my goals and dreams with the recruiter who thought I was a good fit. But he didn't respond for many weeks. I got another call asking for an initial phone interview. The next week, I interviewed with a developer and we discussed object oriented and java. He seemed enthusiastic. But I didn't hear back for weeks/months. I sent a message to the recruiter and he informed me that my interview was a success and he scheduled another phone interview. This one was with a group of people. They asked me detailed questions on Object Oriented, Java, jsp.... I knew most of the answers. I told them about one of my school projects. They seemed enthusiastic and friendly. After the interview, I didn't hear from them for a long time. I finally emailed the recruiter and he scheduled another interview. This was a webcam interview to see if I was the right fit for the company. I interviewed with a nice lady who asked a couple of questions about myself and told me that I got the job. I didn't start work for another month later. From the first contact to my first day of work took nearly five months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a low salary because I didn't think I was experienced enough. They gave me exactly what I asked. I later got a performance raise.

Java Developer Interview

Interview

Telephonic interview for 40 minutes. Question mostly from previous project and Java.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Can't expect high salary.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

Interview

Written test, Interview and HR round. After this submission of details regarding former employment and salary details and previous supervisor or manager details (name, position and phone number). The result will be told immediately but entire process takes 1 month atleast.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

The hiring process was smooth. I went through two different people. The first individual asked me to solve a basic variable and had some brain teasers mixed in. He also asked about some examples where I led other people. The interview process entailed answering an online questionnaire (background check), speaking with the recruiter, then going face to face with the two previously mentioned personnel.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about Accenture?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Recruiter sent me requirment . And submitted mr resume after twe weeks got interview call.i wasn't excreting call.i was driving that time . So I asked to reschedule the call . It was a Skype call

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.