Combined Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Combined Insurance President Kevin Goulding
Kevin Goulding

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "very old fashioned company - train you mainly to do door to door" (in 32 reviews)

• "Long hours in the beginning until you get the process under your belt, but even that pays off in the long run" (in 33 reviews)

1. "Amazing!"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Combined Insurance Australia and management team was really an employer of choice, extremely supportive management team.

Cons

It took around 6 months to feel really comfortable, however it does take time to develop specific skills required for this role.

Combined Insurance Response

13 Oct 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for reviewing our company. It is our goal to make sure our teams are supported with excellent managers, and we are so happy to hear that your management team was "extremely supportive... More

2. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hervey Bay
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hervey Bay

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

paid training, will take entry level, solid sales processes as you need them for the job

Cons

comission only, few leads, luxury product

3. "GREAT OPPORTUNITY!"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with combined for over a year and the secret to success is referral partners... find people who see the value in the products and work with them.

Cons

Creating your own pay check means 100% accountability

Advice to Management

Build relationships with industries like mortgage brokerages to Create opportunities to place agents in environments where the clients are already in the headspace to talk about insurance.

4. "Leadership opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Sudbury, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Sudbury, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been a self employed independent contractor for Combined Insurance Company for over 27 years and am currently a sales leader. An excellent company to represent and yes you are self employed which means you don’t do at least 6-10 or more sakes talks a day you will not survive! Learn the basic principles and set a short and long term goals for yourself you will succeed . Can you make $100,000 or more in your first year! Absolutely yes if ONLY you dedicate your time to this career

Cons

Long hours, depending where you live you could do a lot of driving, evening work, and as it’s commission sales you will struggle if you don’t know the product material

Advice to Management

Stick with the system WClement Stone taught us! Extend product knowledge time in classroom 1 extra week

"Great company to work for. But the Insurance business isn’t for everybody."

Current Employee - Agent/Benefits Advisor in Cannonsburg, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Agent/Benefits Advisor in Cannonsburg, KY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Good leadership and as an employee you have access to contacts of all levels of management. I’ve noticed people with bad reviews of the company because they haven’t succeeded or had a bad experience with a manager. This company gives you all the tools you need to succeed. From paid Training, to plenty of leads for customers as well as concern and motivation from management. If you as an agent do not succeed, your manager is penalized. So any one that says a manager did not have an interest in their success, is either lazy, doesn’t have to will to do what is needed in commission based sales, is lying about their experience or had a manager that didn’t care about their personal pay or success (which I have yet to encounter with this company) I’m not saying there aren’t managers that don’t care, because there may very well be some. But I haven’t seen or met any myself. Regardless of that. An agent is encouraged to reach out to different levels of management in the company for help, advice, and concerns with their job. Overall a great company and group of people to work with.

Cons

I do rack up the miles on my vehicle and spend a lot of money in fuel. And in some weeks when I have had a bad week it has been rough trying to fork out the money to make sure I’m in the field. And in some cases, policyholders initial payment may not go through or maybe the wrong info is put in and the company is unable to collect the first premium. I’m those cases the agent is charged back the amount of commission that was paid in their next paycheck before they have a chance to correct the issue and collect the payment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. But maybe it would be a good idea to collect chargebacks in installments from paychecks instead of all at once. Or at least allow a week or two for the agent to fix the payment collection issue before they’re charged back

6. "Insurance agent"

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make money if you are inexperienced in insurance

Cons

Constantly pushing products to agents based on premium not best plan for client

Advice to Management

Stop with the constant talk about everyone APV

7. "Bilingual Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

It is a sale business and that means 100% commission

Advice to Management

It would be great to get full benefits + hourly rate and commision

"Disappointed/Mislead/Lied to"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Greensboro, NC (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good at recruiting Unsuspecting college graduates with no work experience, especially insurance experience.

Cons

Misleading information from beginning to end. Pushy managers trying to get people loaded up for sales school to make their bonuses or get their higher ups off their back for not recruiting enough warm bodies per month.

Advice to Management

Do not mislead people into thinking they are allowed to review your company and be compensated for their time in sales school. In the school, they make you write down and acknowledge who is sacrificing for you being there. And then say well at least you are compensated for your time to take a look at what our “culture” is all about. If it’s for you, great! If not, that’s ok too! At least you get $500 for the week for your trouble.

That doesn’t happen unless you stay a while and let them get their tentacles into you even more. And then you’re stuck as a captive agent and have to wait to sell insurance elsewhere for certain periods of time.

"Overall"

Former Employee - Producer in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Producer in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some Flexibility as far as scheduling

Cons

not enough hands-on training for people with no sales experience

Advice to Management

Take time to really find out the tools the workers need & work with them to achieve sales goals.

"DON'T DRINK THE COOL AID IN CHICAGO"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in East Farmingdale, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in East Farmingdale, NY (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met beautiful people ( clients...not the fake one's in the office )

Cons

Too many to list. Only a desperate company would "encourage" all agents to write positive reviews on Glassdoor. Before taking any step to join this joke of a company, please ask for written documentation on the turnover rate for agents. You'll never get it because that will expose this company for what it is, a merry-go-round of agents. Management could care less about you because they will have another shipment of hopeful unemployed people going to Chicago EVERY week to drink the cool aid and learn about being positive.

Advice to Management

BE HONEST!!! How do you look in the mirror and get a good night's sleep with the amount of turnover you anticipate, knowing that you're destroying people's lives by offering pushing your PMA crap?